Thursday, January 29, 2009

We just might be getting into the swing of things...

I can't believe four weeks have passed already! We brought our little guy home four weeks ago today. It's all been sort of a blur up until now. We didn't really have much of a routine going on because he was just so unpredictable as to when he would want to eat and sleep.

This week started out rough. He had a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Watt this last weekend. I don't know if it was just too much stimulation or what, but Monday and Tuesday were not our best days. He refused to nap all day on Monday. He would yawn and start to nod off, but would wake himself back up five minutes later and start crying. This lasted for six hours! Dan finally took pity on me and came home early from work to relieve me. I had to run to the library to return a book that was long overdue ( I checked it out before Silas was born... I guess I sort of didn't have time to read or didn't think about returning it!). Just getting out of the house to return a book was enough "me time" I needed to feel better. Tuesday was much like Monday, except Dan didn't come home.

Finally, on Wednesday, I was able to get him to nap! He fought napping in the morning, even though his eyes were drooping and he was yawning, but I think he might have gotten about 30 minutes of sleep when I put him down. Then he napped like a champ in the afternoon. I had to actually wake him up to eat! Late afternoon nap wasn't that great, but he was quiet all through church. Then he went to bed fairly easily too. He's napping now. Hopefully we've turned the corner and it will get easier to get things done around the house now!

No comments:

Post a Comment