Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week #4 - Week in Review

Having a kid really is consuming all of our time. The days are somewhat blurring together, so doing a week in review gets kinda hard.

Monday: Already covered - it was MLK day, both of us were home.

Tuesday: The day of hope and change! A somewhat uneventful day at the Watt house, an interesting day at work for Dan (over 10% of our company stopped working for about 3 hours, about 70% didn't work during the actual swearing in). Summer had lady's Bible study in the evening, so I got to watch Silas for about 2 hrs. He got pretty fussy towards the end, and after I noticed that Summer was out in the driveway in the car with our friend Nikki, I had to flash the porch light to get her to come in and help calm him down.

Wednesday: We all went out for Mexican food at El Jimador for lunch. Silas was a very good boy, and slept on top of my coat which was on the booth chair. Summer called me around 2:00 saying she wasn't feeling so well, so I went home to help out. I wasn't having the greatest afternoon at work, so it was an additional blessing for me to go home.

Thursday: Im drawing a blank

Friday: We spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning up the house for my parents visit. I had to do a little work for home - a process that was supposed to analyze 4.5 million cars took a few hours longer than it was supposed to, and it had to be sent to the customer by the end of the day. I left a little early and finished it when I got home. Mom and Dad came, and we all went out to eat at Applebees. Silas and grandma bonded during the entire dinner.

Saturday: A day with the grandparents. We got a late start, eating breakfast around 9:30 or so. We sat around and talked for a while, then we all went to lunch at Sophias to celebrate Mom and Dad's birthdays (the 5th and 25th). We then went back to the mall for a bit (I think I have been in the mall now for about 12 hrs in the last month, more than I usually spend in 2 years), and then home for the grandparents to babysit for a few hours. Summer and I had a date at Outback Steakhouse, and a trip to Wal-Mart, before rescuing the grandparents. Silas actually was a pretty good boy for them, though they did get to re-live changing a diaper.

Sunday: Breakfast at Cracker Barrel - yum. We went back to El Jimador for lunch (they had been to El Maguey before, which we prefer, but Jimador was right across from their hotel). It was Dad's birthday today, so they sang to him, put a hat on him, and gave him a nice little surprise. We went home to take a family picture. Since Dad is a pretty good photographer (where do you think I get it from?), we had him take a few pictures in the living room. The results aren't quite what Summer was hoping for, but that is more of a function of the setup (in front of our fireplace, in a somewhat hurried situation) than the photographer. They are still good pictures, and I will try and post them shortly.

And, as I type, Silas is being calmed after a 30 minute crying spell. Silas is actually a fairly quiet baby - he typically doesn't cry for too long. He had eaten within the last 2 hours, and he has been going for almost 3 hours on average between feeding. He had a clean diaper, and clean clothes. Thankfully, he was not running a fever, and as we have discovered, he was just really hungry. So much for an 8:00 bedtime - we will get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment