Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 2 - New Years Eve

Summer and I decided it would be best to stay at Regional one additional night. Neither of us had much sleep the nights before Silas was born, so we kept him in the nursery while we got some additional sleep. Grandma and Grandpa Fleener stayed in town and came for a second visit before going home.

Silas had a minor surgical procedure, that in some cultures happens on the 8th day but in America is done on the first two, which was followed by several hours of loud fussiness. He ate several times, but refused to sleep and instead decided to cry for the better part of the afternoon. Ben & Nikki came for a quick visit before mid-week Bible study, and Ben offered a prayer for Silas' health and well being. Thank you guys for visiting.

I went to study, as I was down for leading singing and didn't really have the time to call someone else to fill in, even though someone probably would have noticed that I was on the duty list and would have done it for me. It was very encouraging to be there, and I was given many congratulations. And, for those of you at Eastside - yes, the meal list was for us, not for Doris or the Hills, though I am sure they would appreciate meals as well. I just felt weird being up there announcing "Oh, and the Watts have a meal list out in the foyer".

I will close with a verse (actually a prayer) from one of the songs that I lead:
Little children, from above,
Sent to us, with joy and love,
Bring a hope, so clear and bright,
Father, help us raise them right.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, you should have just let everyone think the meal list was for us. I'll take another couple of weeks of meals. :)

    Congratulations to you guys! I cannot wait to get Ella all better so I can come and meet Silas. It's killing me that I haven't got to see him yet!

    Let us know if you need anything. We're just down the street.

    ReplyDelete