Saturday, January 3, 2009

Night #2

Night 2 went a little bit better, at least for me. We both slept a little bit better, though we are both still tired. Summer is having some more pain from some of the interventions that they performed to get Silas out, but hopefully it will heal in a few weeks.

We continue to explore the different kind of cloth diapers we bought. I am doing very well with the "Indian Prefolds" - though the ones we have are a little bit big for him. We also are having great success with using the much more expensive all-in-ones by Bum Genius at night - these are a lot easier to get on and off, something which comes in handy when we are sleepy. Summer tried a different kind of all-in-one, Deam-Eze, and we had a big leak - it seems like the urine went everywhere but the diaper. I am thinking there is a little confusion, since we have two kinds of Dream-Eze : one has PUL (plastic) on the outside, one doesn't. The ones that don't need a cover, and I am thinking the kind that didn't work out so well today is the kind that needs the cover. Regardless, the Dream-Ezes that we have are a bit too big for him, so it looks like Bum Genius and prefolds for now.

Our trip to Wal-Mart last night went well. I was going to take some pictures, but since I was carrying Silas (Summer is not supposed to carry too much while she recovers), I didn't get a chance to get the camera out. My back was hurting by the time it was all over, mainly since I am not used to carrying 10 lbs at chest level.

I did something that most guys would not do - I actually needed to go to the fabric department at Wal-Mart. We bought 2 6'x3' blocks of fleece, one in black one in white, to use as picture backdrops. Each one cost about $8, compared to about $30 from photography stores. We might try using them later tonight, but I had a lot of success taking some test pictures of one of Silas' stuffed animals against the backdrops.

Today we had some issues with our business. The check that we got for the wedding we did in November bounced. I have done a poor job of opening mail since about Thanksgiving, mainly due to getting ready for Silas. Had I of opened the mail around the 4th of December, I would have found out sooner. Instead, I have made 3 purchases (1 for our SmugMug photo sharing account, one for a new SB-600 camera mounted flash, and one for a flash+umbrella kit), each of which was assessed a $28 overdraft charge. So, I spent the better part of the morning going to the bank, filling in the almost $-300 balance, and calling the client's bank to fix the situation. Evidently, if you have the returned check (which we were charged $4 for by our bank), it is still considered a legal check. I faxed a copy to her bank, and once her account has sufficient balance, the bank will immediately take the balance out of her account and send me a bank check.

The rest of the day has been spent cleaning up. Summer has been putting things away around the house, and I have been taking down Christmas decorations outside. I bought probably 900 lights on clearance the day after Christmas, and another 900 icicle style lights (36 feet worth) to hang on our gutters for next year. One strand, thankfully of only 100 and one that has 2 independent 50 light circuits, was half dead, and the box was clearly marked as "DOES NOT WORK". I guess Wal-Mart figured someone else would have luck with the strand, which I did. I went through 40 of the 50 lights on one of the circuits and finally found the broken bulb.

Chris and Vanessa should be coming over some time tonight, and it sounds like Craig and Dallas will be bringing us dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment