Monday, January 5, 2009

A Few More Days

We had a busy weekend, hence the lack of updates. Saturday was rather uneventful. We had some wonderful food provided by Dallas. The wonderful thing about people from the congregation binging you food is that you get to try some things that you never would think to make yourself.

Sunday went rather well. Silas decided to leave a present for Summer right when we got to worship. I had to teach class (this quarter I am working with our friend Chris Hill to teach the Sermon on the Mount to the high schoolers), so Summer had to change him. When I came in for the worship service, he slept in my lap the entire time. Though I was happy to not have to get up with a fussy baby during worship, afterwards he was very, very hungry, and very fussy. It took about 20 minutes to get him to start eating. We didn't leave the church building until almost 1:45.

After services we had to run to Wal-Mart (Silas' trip #2) to pick up a few things we missed on the previous trip. We ran into the Bradleys from church - their 2yr old son was so excited to see Silas again. We finally got home for a very late lunch, and then were visited by Becky Popa, who brought a nice care package for Summer and Silas. Back to services Sunday night, and again, he was quiet the entire time, with the exception of one little scream during the closing prayer.

Silas had his first checkup today, and he is as healthy as can be. I am taking this one last day off to help around the house, before going back to work tomorrow. 2 loads of laundry done, 1 load of dishes done, 2 more loads of laundry + dirty diapers to go.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, you tell your wife to be SURE to let me know if she needs ANYTHING once you go back to work. I'm right down the street, and Ella is old enough now that I can plop her in her car seat and run over to your house if Summer needs anything. If Silas is fussy and she just needs someone else to hold him a little while so she can have a break just tell her to give me a call. I'm happy to help!

    ReplyDelete